The Open Access Resource Centre (OARC) is a non-profit organization dedicated to enriching the lives of Manitobans through the use of speech generating devices. The Centre provides assistive technology, training and resources to individuals with communication difficulties and those that support them.
OARC is currently looking for a part time (.8) Administrative Assistant to be responsible for the day-to-day operations and support to the staff and programs offered by this organization.
- Accounting experience: tracking of all financial transactions, bank deposits, processing of accounts receivable and payable, preparation of cheques
- Provide quotes for speech generating systems – confirming current costs of all items
- Prepare invoices from the approved quotes
- Order Equipment, tracking the receipt of all items
- Perform data entry and data base maintenance of client information and equipment tracking
- Generate statistics and reports from data base as required/requested
- Oversee office supplies and office equipment needs
- Manage Lending Library activities including checking devices out/in and tracking them
- Assists with special events (ie. conferences, workshops) as required
- Provide input to organizational structure and procedures
- Perform general office duties (including telephone answering, filing, reception, processing mail etc.)
- Experience using QuickBooks is required (at least 2 years of regular use)
- Excellent computer skills with in-depth experience using Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Google Docs/Sheets
- Comfort with researching and ordering online
- Organizational, time management and attention to detail skills
- Maturity of judgment in dealing with disability issues
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work productively as part of a team
- Post-secondary certificate/diploma in a business field is preferred
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance
- A minimum of 3 years of previous experience working in an office
- Previous knowledge of speech-generating devices would be preferable
- Familiarity with Apple products would be beneficial
Please submit your cover letter and resume by:
March 18th, 2022 to
Lori Wiebe, Executive Director
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
COVID-19 considerations: We are asking that all staff be fully vaccinated with a booster shot and that all customers wear a mask when entering the office.